Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cornmeal Crusted Walleye

To put it simply, our vegan diet has been busted. I enjoyed the last couple weeks of food exploration and creation. But for now, we will be going back to an anything goes diet, rooted mainly in healthy full-flavor dishes that usually end up being vegetarian. This one however is based all around a fish.

My dad gave me some fresh walleye he caught a few weeks ago. I froze those bad boys, knowing we weren't going to be eating them for a while. But the other day I saw fit for a nice and easy fish dinner. I've always loved fish, since my dad put it on the table at least once a week during the non-winter months. I've also always loved its ease in preparation and cooking. A few little preps and seriously no time at all and you have yourself a meal. Just like this one. I paired it with some real simple steamed broccoli and garlic red skin mashers.



INGREDIENTS:
4 fish fillets
1/2 cup of cornmeal
pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 teas cayenne
olive oil

*Put a couple tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
*Mix all dry ingredients and coat by dredging the fillets on both sides, place in pan
*Flip after a couple minutes, depends on thickness of fillet. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment