Monday, October 3, 2011

day one, in so many ways...

To anyone out there who is reading this blog, I want to give a little bit of background on what's gonna go down on this blog and why I started it now...

Over the last year or so I have been posting iPhone photos of the meals I make to facebook. As time went by, more and more people kept saying "hey you, I like the food you post and stuff" and "your food looks so good! and stuff". After much talk of starting a blog about my kitchen antics, there came a recent choice in our house that has officially sparked this new blog into actual motion. Goal: see how eating a vegan diet (or for Al's sake since he's not a fan of the word vegan, he prefers plant-based diet) for a certain period of time would be. After watching several documentaries, reading exerts from books, countless articles online....my view on food has changed so much over the last few years. The combination of this and recently starting to really get into running has caused me to realize the impact my diet really has on a person. Immediate and long term affects.

Now, I don't want to stir up any craziness up here in the blog world...rather, this is something we are trying to see how we feel, what its like to fully commit, and to really experience the foods that are out there. If you check out the about me section of this here blog, I'll be writing up a little more background on myself, my husband, and our love of all things food. But this post is to say, hey, we're gonna eat some mighty fine vegan food over the next couple weeks (I only told Al we would do it for one week, so shhhh) and I would like to invite you on our journey. Or if you'd rather, check back in a month and 1. see if I'm still blogging and 2. perhaps we will have gone back to our more normal diet. Which mind you already is about 90% vegetarian, at least for me. Its that blast dairy that has held me back from trying out vegan all this time. I love cheese! And ice cream! And cheese! With some wicked passion, especially considering my body tends to wave the white flag of surrender when it comes to lactose...if ya know what I'm sayin'! ;) Because of this addiction, I mean passion, Al and I finished off the remainder of a block of colby last night, at about 11:30. It was so good....yet I was feeling the affects of a cheese hangover this morning...




So here we go. Day one. Of blogging. Of eating a new diet. Of having a little fun in my kitchen. Of telling Al, no, you can't have the nutri-grain bar and him saying, but I read the ingredients and then me pointing out the fact that there is milk in it. And the bottom line is, I'm probably going to slip-up, unknowingly(or cause I really want some nice sharp cheddar cheese). I am no expert on the subject yet. I'm just doing my best to put some good food on the table for my husband and I. Speaking of that....I should post my first meal, it was a doozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment