Thursday, October 27, 2011

Marinated Chicken with Pesto Spaghetti Squash

Remember that pesto I made the other day? Well I had some extra after our dinner Saturday. Combine that with it being the season of all things gourd. I give you Pesto Spaghetti Squash. Pretty simple, especially since I already had the pesto made, and its delicious!! Spaghetti Squash is something I've had before but never prepped myself. But I really like the idea of using the squash instead of say a different starchy side dish. The squash itself is somewhat bland. Usually served with butter and s&p if a side dish or it could be subbed for pasta and topped with some marinara sauce for a main. I paired it with some marinated chicken and then some frozen(yes, I use frozen-pre-made items from time to time)veggies to round out the meal. It was good.

INGREDIENTS:
(marinated chicken)
4 chicken breasts, skinless
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbls lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teas ground coriander

*Place chicken in a large ziplock bag. Add in all the other ingredients, work around all the corners of the chicken. Marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Cook as desired(bake or fry-I fried in a couple tbls of olive oil in a skillet)

(pesto spaghetti squash)
1 spaghetti squash
olive oil
salt and pepper
3/4 cup prepared pesto
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup parmesan, shredded or grated

*Take the squash and cut in half length wise. Take out all the gunky innards and place rind side up on a cooking sheet. Cook in a 400 degree oven for 30-35 min, depending on the size.
*In a large skillet, heat a splash of olive oil over medium heat. Shred and scoop out the cooked squash into the pan. Sprinkle on some s&p, mix. Then add in the pesto and work it through all of the squash, evenly. Finally mix in your cheeses and let everything get all ooey-gooey and melty.

1 comment: