Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Ciabatta Rolls

When I set out to do these, I really had set the bar kind of low. Expecting this to be a whole day invested into a mediocre attempt at something a little too far out of reach. Boy was I surprised when these turned out AMAZING! No lie. And I'm not even going to attempt to reiterate the details of the recipe, but rather point you in the direction of The Kitchn. Yup, that's where I found this. See last week, well, it was sandwich week over here. I already post a burger(okay, not exactly a sandwich, but go with it)that sat between a sliced ciabatta roll. And I've got at least one more post in the making. We went through these crazy fast. I ended up making about a dozen rolls and then one larger loaf for slicing. The loaf got wrapped up in tinfoil, froze, and about a week after I made these, pulled out and sliced for some pb & banana toast-to see if the bread was good after freezing. Ahem, it is. So here's a photo of how mine turned out and here is where to go for how to have them for yourself. There are step by step photos and its all explained really well. Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment